Sunday, October 01, 2006

Grinding in Guelph








It's been some time, but my feet are somewhat on the ground so I thought I would put up some pics. It's been a weird transition from shooting ocean air to farm fields, beautiful people to Ontario people, and Canon to Nikon - joking about the people thing, Guelphites are actually quite good looking.
Guelph is a great town with lots of microbrews, so that keeps a guy happy. The newsroom is excellent with about five or six young-ish reporters, so it's a very ambitious place to be - pretty much the opposite to what I was working with out East.
All-in-all, things are good. Definitely looking to hit the Big Smoke for some drinks soon - And - hey, Guelph isn't far for you Toronto folk either. Just to throw it out there - my cell is 519.803.1590.
Well - here are some recent pics.

We've got the provincial Furrow Queen (basically a beauty queen but she has to be able to drive a tractor); then we have a couple of pics of a farmer needing to lease his land out to a gravel company to make ends meet because the soil isn't farmable anymore - the whole town is up in arms, spraypainting his farm, putting up petitions, etc; then an artist whose work has been banned because it's too "dark", then the Prez. of the Muslim society at the Univeristy for a story of "Islamophobia", and last but not least - a pic that I shot from the hip with a point-and-shoot of my Dad in Fenway for the first time. My bro and I took my Dad a.k.a - I love the Blue Jays more than my sons - to see the Jays/Red Sox series in Boston before I came up here.

By the way - sorry for the long-winded type and too many pics, but I felt like putting them on.

dbc

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it all, especially the farmer framed by the fence! Great stuff!

2/10/06 6:34 PM  
Blogger photogs said...

yea. Im with Blair the fence and farmer pic won me. Looks like things are going great in Guelph.

3/10/06 6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh... sorry that was me, Ashley Fraser

3/10/06 6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off to a good start, I'd say.

7/10/06 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home