Saturday, March 25, 2006





-Hey everyone. I'm Ashley Fraser, a freelance photographer in Ottawa. For those of you who do not know me I keep busy with regular freelance work with the Ottawa Citizen and part time staff with them on the photo desk. I freelance here and there for other publications too but the Citizen is my main income.
-Thanks to Carlos I just found out about this great blog that I think will be perfect to get some feedback and hand some out.
-This is a pic I shot a week ago or so that I kinda liked. He is Howe Gelb a musician from Arizona that was in Ottawa working with a recording label. I walked into this tiny little studio that was full of CRAP. I had to move everything out of the way and I found this neat light... It was fun to take over the area to make a pic.

Pike wanted me to post both and see what you guys prefer!

Feel free to cut me up as much as you can, That's how I will learn!

-Ashley Fraser

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

really nice!

top one is my pick

25/3/06 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep,

the lightstand is a bit too dominant in the horizontal.
the top one gets my vote, too.

25/3/06 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the top one. the bottom one is a bit static. The light on his face in the top one is great!
Carlos

25/3/06 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks guys.

26/3/06 11:10 AM  
Blogger photogs said...

Yo Ashley, here's my comments. You said the environment was full of crap everywhere. Well that in itself could've had the potential to make a true "envrionmental portrait" the clutter of crap can serve to provide the viewer with more information about the dudes work life or whatever. A picture of a dude with some cool looking light is alright but probably not as telling as a cluttered work space. I don't know if it would've worked because I wasn't there, but still it could be a good idea next time your in a pinch. I know we've all been through plenty of experiences where thre's just no way to make a clean picture, so I say, why fight it?
Peace,
Harrison

26/3/06 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Harrison, Thanks for the comments. I did shoot the mess and chaos too. I was sent to get some pics of him doing his thing as well as a more set up portrait. The portrait I wanted to be nice and clean... and the candid stuff obviously shows it all.

27/3/06 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home