Friday, April 20, 2007

Sports Portrait




I have been in a assingment slump for a little while, howevere I think I nailed one this morning. I was given this assignment earlier this week to set-up and was pretty excited when I got it and I was not going to give it up. Osvaldo Jeanty is one of the best basketball players in Canada right now and one of the nicest people I have met. I shot him and his family over two days on my time off with no over-time and worked a 14 hour day in the process. That is how bad I wanted this job and it paid off. It just goes to show that even though you are doing well for yourself that sacrificing your own time to make the picture you want to make pays off. I borrowed a friends set of Alien Bees, they are amazing! One softbox upfront and two lights with beauty dishes wide to the side and behind. 200 ISO, 1/500th, f 8, 1/2 power.

Blair

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume Ashley?

20/4/07 6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah. Blair I swear i did not post that! I wish I shot these. Blair you totally nailed it!

-Ashley

20/4/07 10:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pics look solid man!

23/4/07 9:19 AM  
Blogger Brett Beadle said...

Look good, I like the last where he is driving around/into the camera.

23/4/07 9:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the last one the best as well. Nice and clean and good action.

I'd like to see a shot with a long lens to get rid of the floor and the ceiling lights.

Great stuff though!

23/4/07 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blair man!

great work!

great lighting!

- blinchy

26/4/07 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I like the second photo the best. The only thing i wish is that the ball was in mid bounce. It looks like its just lying on the floor.
other then that is awesome!

30/4/07 3:47 PM  
Blogger Blue4130 said...

Those are killer. Great work!
Vance

10/5/07 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home