Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Greetings from the dark side


So I thought I'd chime in. I finished at Loyalist last year and interned at the Buffalo News for four months and then fumbled into a part time gig at Canadian Press. No shooting for me, but I've gotta say the editing desk is pretty cool. I chase photos, edit them, do some assigning. There's always lots going on. Every once in a while, I've had to call up a poor freelancer and say, 'get in your car and start driving.' And they do.

I still get out to shoot. I do a bit of freelance for the Metroland papers in the area, but mostly, I'm back to shooting my passion, which is my outdoor adventures. The above pic is definitely off balance, but it helps me remember what it's like to walk across a frozen lake in near whiteout.

Anyhow, hope all is well with you lot. And if you find yourself at a CP member paper (basically everything but the National Post), please file stuff to us. We usually run it. Don't think anything important is going on where you are? Keep in mind that our champion CP contributor this past month was none other than the Peterborough Examiner.

Andrew Norman www.andrewnorman.ca

1 Comments:

Blogger photogs said...

Good to hear from you! Which lake is that?

8/3/06 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home