Thursday, August 31, 2006

Word from the West....













Hey guys/girls,
After many promises I have finally gotten around to posting some resent stuff from my new job in Lloydminster. I guess we will have to start with the neatest thing that I have been able to do. I managed thru many phone calls to be allowed to go onto and photograph the workings of an oil service rig. It was great and the guys were awesome. A piece of advice is to always have a hard hat and a safety vest in your car. It scores points with the foreman of a jobsite and rescue crews that don't like photographers from Ontario*. Anyway here is a few pics that I shot from my few hours on a rig. Enjoy!
Kevin Hill

PS- I need to cut some silhouettes out of this group. I think that three is way too many. Any editing help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*I have had to do allot of damage control from one of the last photogs that was in Lloyd. I guess he was very confrontational and walked around like he owned the place, that does NOT go over well on the prairies!!! Especially if you are not from the area. One infamous incident that has left a sour spot with the local RCMP detachment is when there was a shoot-out in progress and a photographer who will remain nameless pops out of a hedge behind the police barrier and between the RCMP and the residence of the shooter!!!! I guess the photog all most went home in a body bag, understandably since then relations with the local officers have been somewhat strained

1/9/06 1:01 AM  
Blogger Brett Beadle said...

I also like the silhouettes most. I am a sucker for sihouttes, and probably why those ones are my favs.

6/9/06 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks guys. I am also a sucker for the silhouettes. I just hate to over use a good trick unless it is called for.

6/9/06 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home